Thursday, December 24, 2015

Unemployment Sucks

Yes, unemployment sucks.
It is a Bad Thing.
It will mean A More Difficult Future.
It is often the End of A Dream,

Fortunately, it’s not the end of the world.

Getting a leg blown off in Afghanistan sucks,
your kids flunking out of school sucks,
getting sued for a couple of million because your dog bit a downtown lawyer sucks,
discovering you have cancer sucks,
discovering that your wife or your kids have cancer sucks even worse.

Listen, I cried in public two of the times I was canned, I wake up in the middle of the night and start going through all the terrible things that could happen to me and my family now that I’m without a job, I’m pretty well defined by my work so being without a job with responsibility and respect takes a big chunk out of my ego; if I wasn’t raised by a raging alcoholic, I’d probably have one or two nights of solid drinking and bemoaning the unfairness of the universe.

So give yourself a break, rend your garments, cover your head with ashes and bemoan your fate. Bitch and moan, tell the family dog how your boss is a moron and how everyone was after you and how no one understood what a great job you did and how it’s all just so unfair.

OK, all done?

Now suck it up and deal with it.